Can someone translate my User Page for me please? Or bits of it if you are too busy? Grasyans. Llywelyn2000 12:28, 2 Est 2009 (UTC)
Rol a Gembrion[pennfenten]
- List of Welsh people - Rol a Gembrion
- Image - Imach
- Name - Hanow
- Date of birth - Dedhyas genesigeth
- Date of Death - Dedhyas mernans
- Place of birth - Tyller genesigeth
Meur ras bras rag an gorthyp uskis dhe'm govynn [|a-dro dhe rolyow Wikidata]
I have made sub-pages for dwarf planets here: Devnydhyer:DavydhT/Kyst_Tewes/Planetys_korr Devnydhyer:DavydhT/Kyst_Tewes/Planetys_korr_possybl
- There was a problem with Listeria; I requested a fix, which has been carried out. They all seem to work now: really glad to see that WD Lists is being used - it can be thought of at times as 'See also' at the end of an article, but is usually best to limit the list otherwise it slows down.
- Davytdh - can you translate the following, please, which appear on the top of the lists in English and which need to be in Cernyweg:
- This list is automatically generated from data in Wikidata.
- Update the list now
- Find images
- The translations need to be placed in the main template which I added here 4 years ago. Mwy ar dudalen y gymuned! Llywelyn2000 (keskows) 05:34, 15 Du 2020 (UTC)
Infoboxes for people[pennfenten]
Dydh/dydd da, Llywelyn2000! Something I'd really like to get working on kw-wiki is infoboxes for people, particularly for use through the content translation tool. Currently when you use that tool you have to remember to ignore adding the infobox paragraph otherwise you end up with a broken template link when you publish.
Templates are fairly new to me, I'm starting to dabble in documentation for ones we already have and things like that, but I've not made a template yet so I'm pretty green at them! I hope it's OK to ask you for some help. Unfortunately I missed the little Celtic Knot session recently that might've had helpful info in it.
Anyway, if you can point me towards somewhere to get started with this or some resources or lend a hand yourself, that'd be excellent. Meur ras bras, diolch yn fawr. --Gwikor Frank (keskows) 15:11, 22 Ebrel 2021 (UTC)
- Hi! Pa hwyl! Yes, of course. I've just created the Infobox:Things (X) and Devnydhyer:Brwynog has ben busy adding this Wikidata infobox onto articles such as Sodiom, Galliom and Zirkoniom. The pros of using a Wikidata infobox: it's new, up to date, adds stuff automatically (as they're added onto WD, they feed into Wikipedia!), you only add 2 or 3 words, and it populates itself, takes less time... The cons: you will need to click the WD pencil every now and again, and add the Kernewek word on WD. So, on cy-wiki we have only 3 WD infoboxes - people, places, things. On kw-wiki, things is done: you can add it on any articles such as cars, toys, companies, festivals, metals, vaccines, viruses... I can add the Infobox: person, if you tell me what person is in Kw, and if this is at all helpful. Going down the old fashioned route, imho would be a step back into the past! Llywelyn2000 (keskows) 15:29, 22 Ebrel 2021 (UTC)